Friday 8 February 2013

F-F-F-Fridaaaaaaay!

Last night's journey home comes with a significant amount of extra cost to TfL, thanks mostly to a five-minute delay on the Bakerloo Lone from Edgware Road to Waterloo, which caused me to miss my connecting train to Hersham.  That train (a slow train, rather than the fast one I was aiming for) was also three minutes late, so in all I arrived at my final destination 29 minutes later than should have been the case.

This morning, my daughter seemed to be over her illness, so I took her to child care and then hopped on the train to Waterloo from Hampton Court.  It was three minutes late by the time it arrived there.  This meant I had to take a later connecting tube to Edgware Road, making me five minutes later to work than I should have been (even though the tube I did take ran on time).

That's 34 minutes and £85 to the tally.


(The more astute amongst you may have noted it's unusual for me to brave public transport on a Friday, when I usually elect to work from home.  If you missed my comment on the matter a couple of days ago, it's because my parents-in-law drove over from Germany yesterday to spend a few days with us, and I didn't want them to have to feel they were in my way and obliged to go out the morning after such a long journey.)

No comments: