Tuesday 18 September 2012

Delayed gratification

Chalk up another banner morning for Transport for London: my train to Waterloo arrived seven minutes late, meaning I missed the connecting Bakerloo Line tube I'd intended to take to Edgware Road.  The one I ended up taking was also a minute delayed.  In all, I arrived nine minutes later than I should have, which adds up to £22.50.

While we're on the subject of delayed gratification, I would like to meet the person who came up with the idea of hotdesking and have some very strong words with him (or her).  TfL's transport lottery often means I spend upwards of 20 minutes trying to find somewhere to park myself for the day.  What's so wrong with having the same bloody desk every day is what I want to know.  I swear, I'm just going to buy a desk of my own and bring it from home every morning.  It'd be a damn sight easier!

And finally, an update from yesterday.  I stopped off on the way home for a couple of drinks and a pub quiz with friends (we didn't win, OK?  Let's just leave it at that...).  Two-minute delay from Edgware Road to Waterloo.  Stopped for a quick bite.  Train from Waterloo to Clapham Junction was three minutes' delayed.  Later, the bus from Kingston to Hampton Court was a minute delayed.  Total: six minutes.  £15.


UPDATE: train from Waterloo to Hampton Court delayed by three minutes: £7.50.

No comments: