Thursday 13 September 2012

All change

An eventful journey!
  1. All trains from Edgware Road to Wimbledon were redirected to Ealing Broadway for no apparent reason and in contradiction to the tradition it has followed since that particular branch of the District Line was opened 100-and-whatever-or-so years ago.  In order to get to Wimbledon, I had to change at Earl's Court, of course losing my seat in the process (and having voluntarily given up my seat for a pregnant lady in the morning, I really would have liked to have been able to sit for this journey).
  2. Amazingly, there was a tube to Wimbledon waiting on the platform opposite so I did not have to endure the usual heaving mass of the station, coupled with the usual random platform dance over the bridges that the TfL staff there seem to so enjoy sending us through.  Oh, and the lack of any kind of time information on next trains.
  3. However, this tube stopped within spitting distance of the platform at Wimbledon for a while because of a random red signal.  This caused me to miss my connection to Hampton Court.  Instead, I jumped on the train to Kingston and, from there, on the bus.  This meant I got to my final destination just 20 minutes late, rather than 30 (you're welcome TfL - again!).
So, another £50 to the pot and, as promised, my updated Tube Bingo card:
Tomorrow, I'll be doing a little travelling on the underground during the day too, so there's a very good chance I'll be able to get my very first Bingo - you don't want to miss that, so make sure you come back...

Or have you already won a game of Tube Bingo, in which case I hate you?

No comments: