Monday 1 October 2012

That's a new one on me

I got a new excuse for delays today: an 'overhead line problem' between Clapham Junction and Willesden Green apparently caused the delay of my train from Hampton Court to Waterloo (which does pass through Clapham Junction, but on a different line) by seven minutes.  There was a further delay of a minute on my Bakerloo Line train from there to Edgware Road, which involved both stopping in a tunnel for no reason (or at least, none given) and a very poor lift service.

Three excuses and only one tick for my weekly game of Tube Bingo.  I may have to rethink the design!

But, that's a total of eight minutes for another £20 this morning.


UPDATE: no explanation for delays on the journey home this evening, but they were made up of:
  1. A District Line train arriving at Edgware Road two minutes later than advised, and at its Wimbledon destination three minutes late.
  2. An overground train to Hampton Court arriving in Wimbledon three minutes later than it should have and at its final destination six minutes late
I make that a total of nine minutes and £22.50.

No comments: