Friday 18 January 2013

Sure am glad I'm working from home today!

Started snowing here at around 07:45 and as of this writing (09:11), it's still falling thick and fast with getting on for two inches on the ground.  Not quite sure how I'm going to manage getting back to Kingston to pick up the Tiny Terror at the end of the day if this keeps up...  Guess I'll cross that bridge (or be snowed off it) when I come to it.

Luckily, there was no snow last night on the way home, so I ended up with just a two-minute delay for £5.  (The Bakerloo Line was relatively severely delayed too owing to 'operational issues' - well duh! - though of course TfL said it was only suffering minor delays.  The delays would have caused me to miss my train if I'd believed the 'minor' part and not planned in a great big wodge of extra journey time, so basically I'm great and TfL should be very grateful that I've saved them money after all the cash they've had to hand out recently.

Don't think I'll bother trying to use public transport again this weekend, at least not while the snow storm rages, but you can check back for news updates if you're so inclined.

No comments: