Saturday 18 August 2012

Circular reasoning

Last night, I met up with an old friend and colleague in London Town. Part of my journey to meet him involved using the Circle line to go from Victoria to Paddington. It also involved sitting on the train at a platform for six minutes. The driver's explanation was very quiet, but I think I understood him saying that "we're just going to hold here for a bit."

That's actually one of my favourite excuses for the neat karma of the situation. We're delayed because we're not going to move on. Genius! For those readers from outside the UK (a surprisingly large number), I swear I am not making this up! I mean you just couldn't, could you?

Later that same evening, I hooked up with another friend in Kingston. The train there from Waterloo was two minutes late arriving at Waterloo in the first place. No explanation was offered.
So that's 8 minutes, or £20, total to add to the bill.

No comments: