Friday 3 May 2013

Small mercies

Just a short update today, as I'm working from home again - sitting out in my lovely garden office, alternating with on the patio furniture by the pond, resplendent with irises, populated by newts and visited by shimmering dragonflies.  Enjoying your day at the office?

Anyway, tube was fine coming home yesterday.  Actually, I don't know if it was, since I accidentally deleted my record of the journey.  But the train left Waterloo nine minutes late for no particular reason that I could make out, though they were of course very sorry for the inconvenience this delay caused. It was eight minutes late by the time we arrived at Hersham, so I suppose we at least gained that one minute back.  Be grateful for small mercies and all that...

'Just' eight minutes, then, and £20.

No comments: